This course will enable you to communicate in French, building on the skills acquired at GCSE. You will also receive and invaluable insight into other cultures and societies through the study of France and French-speaking communities. The teaching is interactive and the aim is to use as much French as possible in the classroom. You will also have access to an on-line learning resource which you can use at home to support your studies.
You will be able to read, understand and extract information from written passages in French, taken from authentic resources, such as French magazines, newspapers and web pages. You will listen to and understand contemporary spoken language and learn to write essays or longer pieces and to hold conversations and discussions in French.
- Paper 1: Listening, reading and writing 45% of AS; 1 hour 45 minutes examination
- Paper 2: Writing 25% of AS; 1 hour 30 minutes examination
- Paper 3: Speaking 30% of AS; 12-14 minutes oral examination.
- Paper 1: Listening, reading and writing 50% of A Level; 2 hours 30 minutes examination
- Paper 2: Writing 20% of A Level; 2 hours examination
- Paper 3: Speaking 30% of A Level; 16-18 minutes oral examination.
Exam Board: AQA
5 Grade 4s and above to include GCSE Grade 4 or above in French
Whether you want to use language for work, further study, training or for leisure, this course will equip you with the necessary skills and knowledge