DRAMA & THEATRE ARTS
- Candidates will either act in a group or contribute to their chosen technical skill to create a reinterpretation of a published text. They will base their idea on the working methods of one practitioner or theatre company. This is performed in front of a live audience.
Text in Action
- Candidates will either act in a group or contribute to their chosen technical skill to a performance from a set text and a devised piece based on the working methods of two opposing practitioners. This is performed in front of a live audience.
Text in Performance
- Candidates will study 3 contrasting plays from the perspective of an actor, designer and director.
Component 1: ONE PERFORMANCE OR DESIGN PROJECT
- Internally marked 20%
- Plus a creative log of performance and design ideas
Component 2: TWO PERFORMANCES OR DESIGN PROJECTS
- Externally assessed 40%
- Plus a process and evaluation report of the performances
Component 3: 2 HOUR 30 MINUTE WRITTEN EXAMINATION
- Externally Marked 40%
Exam Board: Eduqas
5 Grade 4’s and above to include grade 4 in Drama if taken. Unit 1 is intended to enable all students to reach the same standard, so there is no need to have studied Drama at GCSE in order to start this Course, however you do need to be ready to try new challenges.
A drama qualification provides an excellent grounding for life and for study in any discipline. It develops your confidence and creativity as well as acting skills, helping you to become a well rounded person with excellent workplace skills and well prepared for a huge variety of degrees including Drama and Theatre!