- Unit 1 – UK Politics: democracy, political parties, electoral systems and voting behaviour, the media.
- Unit 2 – UK Government: the constitution, parliament, the Prime Minister, relationships between the different branches of government.
- Unit 1 – Core Political Ideas: conservatism, liberalism, socialism (all three ideas).
- Unit 2 – Non-Core Political Ideas: anarchism, ecologism, feminism, multiculturalism, nationalism (one idea only).
- Unit 3 – Government and Politics of the USA: the US Constitution and federalism, US Congress, the President, US Supreme Court and civil rights, democracy and participation, comparative theories.
- Paper 1: UK Politics - 1 hour 45 minute exam (50%)
- Paper 2: UK Government - 1 hour 45 minute exam (50%)
- Paper 1: UK Politics and Core Political Ideas - 2 hour exam (33.3%)
- Paper 2: UK Government and Non-Core Political Ideas. - 2 hour exam (33.3%)
- Paper 3: Comparative Politics Government and Politics of the USA - 2 hour exam (33.3%)
Exam Board: Edexcel
5 Grade 4’s and above. Students embarking on this course must have an interest in current affairs.
Degree courses in in a wide range of disciplines including: Politics, History, Philosophy, Theology, Sociology, Psychology, Law, and Business. Careers in public service, management, research, social policy, teaching, law, journalism and politics.